IPNE members, start your engines –
NEIBA is the trade show for independent publishers!
You are invited to join other IPNE members and connect with more than 250 independent bookstores and 1,000 individual book sellers during two action-packed days at the New England Independent Booksellers Association (NEIBA) Fall Conference. The conference is held at the Rhode Island Convention Center in Providence, Rhode Island from Oct. 12-14. For IPNE members, the fee is just $65 per book.
Although we’d love to see you there, you do not need to attend NEIBA in order to exhibit with us – that’s where membership in IPNE adds reach and value to your publishing business. By joining our collaborative exhibit, you can save up to $500 over the regular individual exhibitor rate. See rates below.
In addition to exclusive exhibit time on Friday, Oct. 14, IPNE member volunteers will staff the tables early Thursday evening, for the bookstore buyers' “first look” of the exhibits. Then we'll work the crowd at the popular author reception that evening.
SPECIAL OFFER: For a modest additional fee, IPNE can present your new books to reps at the Thurs. Oct. 13 “Publisher's Rep Pick-Nic" and arrange for autographing sessions at our tables on Friday, Oct. 14 (signings are announced on the floor and promoted in NEIBA literature and website). Last year, both activities proved to have tremendous “bang for the buck.”
So sit back, relax - and benefit from the show! By exhibiting with IPNE at NEIBA, you tap IPNE’s regional marketing savvy, and a cost-effective, focused way to participate in the largest of the regional book shows. NEIBA is a seller’s market, where book buyers outnumber authors and publishers by about 30 percent!
Although publishers do not sell books at NEIBA, booth visitors will receive a copy of the IPNE catalog with your ordering and contact information. IPNE's tables should be close to those of our affiliated national organization, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), so your company will benefit from IBPA traffic and activities, as well. All exhibiting IPNE members receive a free listing in the IPNE catalog.
BENEFITS OF EXHIBITING AT NEIBA WITH IPNE:
- Prominent display position on one of the two IPNE tables for each book you exhibit.
- Live representation with local-market knowledge.
- Distribution of up to two pieces of your own literature.
- Free basic listing in the new IPNE Catalog.
- Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn postings about your books, offers, and events throughout the conference.
- Option to list your special offers for NEIBA attendees in IPNE conference handouts.
- Live representation at the "First Look" exhibit-floor preview.
- Literature handout and IPNE presence at the Author Reception.
- Eligible for IPNE to present your books at the "Publisher's Rep Pick-Nic" round-robin event (separate fee).
- Eligible to host book-signing sessions at the IPNE tables (separate fee).
- Post-conference report and photos of your books on display
Remember, take advantage of our reduced Early Bird rates if you register by September 15!
Optional additional promotions:
$80 per book-signing session by your author. IPNE will schedule a book signing for you at our table and NEIBA will promote them through signage and listings in the show materials.
- $65 per book for current IPNE publisher members/Early Bird Rate: $50 (by Sept. 15)
- $90 per book for non-members/Early Bird Rate: $75 (by Sept. 15)
$50 for IPNE to present your books at the publisher-bookseller lunch event "Pick-Nic" on Thurs. Oct. 13. In a “speed dating” format, IPNE board member will meet with leading book sellers and reps to present your book(s). An amazing value for the money!
Consider Attending NEIBA in person
If you attend NEIBA in person, you can network with the full range of players in the world of books: writers, illustrators, distributors, sales reps, other publishers, some librarians, and many booksellers.
Attend (free) educational workshops, and sign yourself up for special events (at a fee). Check the program at www.newenglandbooks.org
IPNE offers three-hour opportunities at the IPNE display to talk one-on-one with booksellers about IPNE, about books exhibited by other IPNE publishers, and about your own books.
NEIBA's badge fee for the whole show is $25. Choose that option when you make your IPNE registration; our show manager will contact you about scheduling.