Reach New Readers at New England's
Premiere Bookselling Event!
REGISTRATION open through September 28th!
Everyone at IPNE is excited to host an exhibit at the Boston Book Festival (BBF) for our 9th year! What's even more terrific is that IPNE can represent small publishers and author-publishers at this important event, even though self-publishers are not allowed as solo exhibitors.
Because the BBF is so well attended by a concentrated crowd of book lovers, it creates a special opportunity for independent publishers to interact with the public and attract new readers. And remember: space is limited, and this show will fill up fast.
About the Boston Book Festival
The Boston Book Festival, now in its 9th year (2018), is the largest literary event in New England. It takes place in Copley Square, Boston every October, with tent booths ringing the square and author and publisher events in the Boston Public Library and surrounding buildings. Well-known authors give readings and talks, and the mood is festive!
About the IPNE at BBF Exhibit
IPNE's Boston Book Festival 2018 exhibit is a members only. If you're not a member, first join IPNE as a publisher or vendor member. Then, register for BBF and we will send information on where to send an additional copies (5) copies of your book for sale at the festival.
- Exhibit. The IPNE exhibit fee of $40 covers one (1) book and no more than 25 corresponding 4x9 rack cards (4x9 is the only size allowed). Please include your ordering URL on the rack card. The IPNE sales team will be selling the books. Authors/Publishers will receive 90% of the selling price. IPNE reserves the option to donate unsold books or post them for sale on our Facebook store. Leftover promotional materials cannot be returned.
NOTE: Authors & publishers may not remain in the booth or alter the display in any way. This policy allows customers to view and buy your books more easily.
- Sign. Signing sessions last for 50 minutes and begin at 10 am and end at 3 pm. Final scheduling is at the show coordinator's discretion.
- Fees for current members. Exhibit fees for members are $40 for each book, with discounts to a maximum of three (3) books. A 50-minute signing session is $35.
- Online registration. Registration is all online through our website. Once you are registered, we will follow up with information about setup, sales, volunteering, and other details.
- Booth Etiquette. The coordinators will arrange the display to allow customers to view and buy your books easily. Except when selling, authors may not remain in the booth or alter the display in any way.
- Sales & Inventory: The IPNE@BBF sales team will be selling the books. Authors and publishers will receive 90% of the selling price. Unsold books may be retrieved at the booth only; IPNE is not able to pack and store your books. IPNE reserves the option to donate unsold books or post them for sale on our Facebook store. Leftover promotional materials cannot be returned.
- Email the Coordinators if you have questions or need help with online registration, and good luck at the show!