4th Annual IPNE Book Awards
If you have a book with a publication date of 2015, 2016, or 2017, you are eligible to enter the 4th Annual IPNE Book Awards. In addition, we offer a category (#13) open to perennial sellers that continue to be promoted and sell well, year after year.
Award certificates will be given to a finalist and one winner in each category, to be announced at a ceremony currently scheduled for early November 2017. Each book is to be judged by a panel of librarians with category expertise and/or other qualified reviewers selected by IPNE.
Most categories are based on book subjects and genres, design, promotional campaign, and other aspects of publishing. The eBook award will honor the best uses of technology to enhance readability and enjoyment of a book. All entries will compete within their categories, and also for the top prize as IPNE Book of the Year.
Depending on the number of submissions for a category, IPNE reserves the right to combine, divide or otherwise modify the award categories. The Book Awards are being run by a committee of IPNE members on a volunteer basis and one or more committee members may submit entries to the contest. In such case, the committee member submitting the entry will not take on the role of contacting or communicating with the judges that are reviewing that entry in regards to this contest.
Please note that books and any other materials submitted by a participant will not be returned.
Last year's IPNE Book Award winners may be found here.
As with all IPNE programs, we have kept the entry fees as low as possible.
For Members, the fee is just $45 per title (one category), and $25 per additional category.
Partner Members: Members of specific partner organizations also receive the IPNE member rate. Please register as an IPNE Partner Member before you enter your Awards registration.
For Non-Members, the entry fee is $90 per title (one category). This fee includes a full-year membership in IPNE, with all other benefits the organization offers. After the first book, you are a Member, so you will pay the Member rate for any additional titles, categories, etc.
Entries will be accepted up until May 19, 2017. However, please don’t hold back -- submit entries early to avoid a last minute rush and reduce the the chance of shipping mix-ups.
If you have questions or could volunteer to help with certain (even discrete) tasks, please email BookAwards@IPNE.org. Remember this is an event run by members for members on a volunteer basis and we need your help!!
Click here to download the Book Data Form (required)
Your registration includes one of the following categories for each book entered. You can add on as many categories as you wish for $25 each (indicate on registration form).
LITERARY FICTION: Written as literary work, does not fit traditional formulas of genre fiction.
- GENRE FICTION: Mystery, romance, science fiction, fantasy, inspirational, etc.
- CHILDREN’S BOOKS: Picture book, early reader, middle grade
- YOUNG ADULT BOOKS
- GRAPHIC NOVELS
- NARRATIVE NONFICTION: Biography, memoir, nonfiction that tells a story.
- INFORMATIONAL NONFICTION: Directories, travel guides, how-to, self-help, reference, etc.
- COFFEE TABLE AND ART BOOKS
- eBOOKS: Entries must be published as eBook only or have features not present in a paper version. Submit a PDF copy per instructions.
- DESIGN: Cover and interior are evaluated.
- BOOK PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGNS: In addition to sending book, describe promotions, author activities, reviews, and other strategies that effectively reach the book’s intended readership.
- PERENNIAL SELLERS Books that were published before 2015, but are still selling well.
Your registration confirmation email and the Book Data Form contain more information on submitting your books.