Member & (optional) guest can register for
full conference at $60 off, this month only!
2016 New England Publishing Conference
IPNE's 2016 New England Publishing Conference is set for Oct. 21 and 22 at the Sheraton in scenic and historic Portsmouth, NH. Registration opens this month, and you'll be very glad you registered early!
We are especially excited about this year's theme, "Collaboration Is the New Competition." We're planning a special collaborator-matching program at the Conference. How do you collaborate to produce, publish, and market your books? What services or assistance would help you most? What do you have to offer others? Let us know!
From last year's attendees:
- "I haven't missed a single one of IPNE Conferences since the first one in 2010!" - Lindsy Parker, book publicist, Lindsy Parker Media
- "Everybody was so kind and informative at last year's conference," - Jessica Gervais, children's book publisher
- "A priceless opportunity to meet collaborators and get cutting edge strategies for publishing." - Grace Stevens, speaker & publisher, Living My Truth.
- "I'm determined to make it this year," - Mike Squatitro, Assoc. of Rhode Island Authors
- "Last year's Conference inspired a huge shift in my approach to publishing." - Eddie Vincent, Encircle Publications, ME
Make better books
& sell more of them!
Get the IPNE edge for your publishing business! IPNE provides networking, resources, education, and cooperative marketing opportunities for New England's independent publishing community.
IPNE members throughout the region work in collaborative teams with board members to determine, design, and carry out our programs. Our members are IPNE.
One of our goals is to help members make books of the highest quality and marketability, while leveraging the advantages of being independent.
Important TIP: Update your IPNE profile!
Since all members are listed in the IPNE Catalog, it's important to make sure your IPNE profile is up-to-date with book cover, profile image, and all requested book data so that the booksellers, librarians, and book festival attendees can quickly access your ordering information. We've recently added fields for basic book metadata to simplify promotions and catalog production. More fields will be added later; send us your suggestions!
Learn, exhibit & save with IPNE all year!
Registrations for cooperative marketing shows*, Annual Conference**, and Book Awards will open on a rolling basis starting in early spring. Additional events of affiliated writing & publishing organizations around New England are listed on our Facebook page.
- April 6-9: Independent Book Publishers Assn.(IBPA), Salt Lake City, UT. IBPA's Publishing University.
- 5/5 Ask the Experts: All about SERIES FICTION with member Lisa J. Cohen, publisher of 12 books in 3 series.
- 5/12 Ask the Experts: A THOUSAND WORDS: Working with illustrators & photographers
- 5/19 Ask the Experts: All about BOOK REVIEWS, the lifeblood of the indie book marketing plan.
- 5/26 Ask the Experts: Topic TBD - Send your suggestions!
- May 11-13, Book Expo America, Chicago IL.
- June 4, (Keene, NH): Gathering of the northern publishing tribes, org. by David Chase & Brian Jud.
- June 4, Hubbub Children's Book Festival, produced by the Boston Book Festival.
- July 29-31: Bookstock Literary Fest., Woodstock, VT
- * Sept. 20-22: New England Independent Booksellers (NEIBA), Providence, RI.
- * Oct. 15: Boston Book Festival (BBF), Boston MA
- * Oct. 15-17: New England Library Association (NELA), Danvers, MA
- ** Oct. 21-22: IPNE's 6th Annual Publishing Conference & Book Awards, Portsmouth, NH. Registration starts this month!
Board member Brian Jud (CT/RI), along with members like David Chase and Glenna Collett (NH), Crystal Ponti (Maine), and Jerry Johnson (VT) have begun reaching out to members to build regional groups, but they need to you to let them know you're interested. Contact Brian if you'd like to request an IPNE branch in your neighborhood and we'll hitch up the wagon and send a representative and materials!